Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thing #15

Let me start by commenting on the video "A Vision of Students Today". Many of the comments made by the students I have from my daughters (three of which are in college). All familiar is the one of spending hundreds of dollars on textbooks that are not utilized. I also compared "doodling" in my day in the classroom to them accessing facebook in class while a lecture occurred. I have even seen a teacher do this doing a guest presentation at the Berry Center in Cy Fair ISD. I thought Michael Stephens' article "Into a New World of Librarianship" was very insightful. A library is a place to find, gather and meet user's needs. I also approve of the idea to be careful of techno worship. With the wave of technology today and our students who learn technology skills that I was totally unaware of when I was in high school and even college, a librarian is fortunate to have Library 2.0. It is unbelievable how much I have learned already that I didn't have an inkling about before.

2 comments:

Mrs. Frizzle said...

It is eye opening! Great posts! Only a few more and you are there!

Raible said...

I too, am amazed about how much technological information I have learned in such a short amount of time. I am glad I have Library 2.0. It has been a tremendously eye opening and I know I have much more to learn.