Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing #7 Google Tools

Wow! So much to choose from. We already have Google Earth on our home computer, so I've seen the possibilities with it. Students would love to see places they are studying. Google Notebook would be great for report writing. I could have used this when I was doing my last report for Dr. Claes' class. It would have been so handy instead of all the notes I was hauling around with me. When I chsecked out the Google Advance Search (Texas Heroes), I found many people who perform in schools. It reminded me that we had a guy who performed as William B. Travis in our school a few years ago. That is something to keep in mind when offering programming ideas to PTO. Google Calendar would be great to stay organized. I thought of using it personally when planning a vacation trip with my parents and sister's family. Students and parents could use it to keep up with assignments and due dates including benchmark tests/other tests. I've decided to use Picassa and iGoogle. I had a little difficulty with Picassa only because of some file management on our computer. Because my husband wanted Picassa too, I set it up so that he could access it. I chose pictures of one of our favorite camping places in Texas-Inks Lake State Park. Here is the link. http://picasaweb.google.com/robjr31/20080323InksLake.

No comments: