Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing #11 LibraryThing

This is a super way to keep track of my books. Right now I have no way of keeping a record of the books in my classroom. I just trust that I have all the books I've bought over the years. Students ask if they can take them home to read and I trust that they have brought them back. This would enable me to keep a list and set up a better check out system. I'd like to set up one of these at home for all the books I have had to buy my daughters for their classes so that when we get yet another list of books needed for the year, I know what I've already bought without going to look on the shelves. Some times we have been in the bookstore and I can't remember if we already have a copy of something. I visited several groups (What Are You Reading Now?, A Stupid Game to Play, to name a couple.) It was interesting to see what people are reading. I got tickled about some advice to book stores. I liked the easy way to find book titles. I got stuck a couple of times trying to remember how to spell an author's name. I really liked this thing!
I'm going to try to add my book list to my blog. Hope it works.

No comments: